magic mince tacos.
Our taste buds are our best buds and our toughest critics. When Food Nation decided to create a range of plant-powered food that is good for the people and the planet tehy knew everything had to be irresistible.
The Food Nation foodies take fresh vegetables, mushrooms, legumes, herbs and spices, and pack them together in joyous harmony. By eating more plants we can do better by our bodies, the environment and our taste buds.
Magic Mince Tacos are a Food Nation favourite, simple, tasty and a crowd pleaser every time – who knew eating all your veggies could be so much fun!
- Olive oil
- 500g packet of Food Nation Mexican Magic Mince
- 1 packet of small soft tortillas
- a handful of cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 carrot, peeled and julienned into thin strips
- 1/2 a red onion, thinly sliced and pickled in a little cider vinegar and a Tbsp caster sugar for 30 minutes until pink
- 1 green chilli, finely sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- juice of a lime or lemon
- Chilli or chipotle sauce (optional)
Heat a large frying pan, add about 2 Tbs of olive oil and when hot, add Food Nation Mexican Magic Mince. Break up with a wooden spoon and cook until golden brown and caramelised.
While cooking, place tortillas in a hot dry pan and warm on both sides, setting aside on a plate while you continue to cook. Meanwhile prepare your tomatoes, red cabbage, carrot, red onion, chilli, coriander and lime juice.
When your Mexican Magic Mince is nicely caramelised, place a large spoonful in a tortilla and top with the other ingredients. Finish with a squeeze of lime juice and a dash of chilli sauce. Add other Mexican favourites like avocado, sour cream or salsa for an even more deluxe version.