This kit makes a light, moist and not-too-sweet cake.
The gentle crunch of the poppy seeds and the flavours of the lemon and strawberries work together to taste like summer, AND here's the best bit — this cake can be made all year round if you use frozen strawberries, which work just as well as fresh!
Turn your cake into a vegan-friendly one by using dairy-free milk and oil instead of butter.
• Organic Unbleached Wheat Flour
• Cane Sugar
• Organic Powdered Sugar
• Blanched Almond Meal
• Poppy Seeds
• Baking Powder
• Freeze-Dried Strawberries
• Freeze-Dried Lemons
All you need is:
• 3/4 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
• 1/2 cup vegetable oil or melted butter
• 2 large lemons
• 1 1/2 cups of strawberries (Fresh or frozen)
• 8-inch cake or cupcake tin
Makes 1 x 8-inch cake or 9 - 12 cupcakes